Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Collage printing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unclemarine

unclemarine

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I just left the HP help on-line, could not figure out how to use the site, so I'm turning to you guys.

I have a HP PhotoSmart 7160 printer, my OP is Windows 7.  I'm trying to print a collage of different photos, of different sizes, on one sheet 8x10 paper.

I can't seem to find a way to do same, it seems to me that several years ago i did do it, but at 87 years old it's hard to remember.

Is there any help out there??

Thanks

UncleMarine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,048 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

The only way I can think of to do this is to use a photo editor to create the collage and then print it.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 unclemarine

unclemarine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for your reply. I know that I did not make the collage the way that you suggest, and I did not use any additional software.

UncleMarine

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

By any chance did the printer come with HP Photosmart Essential software in the bundle of software to install your printer? That could be the photo editor that allows you to create your collage you created before. Other than that I don't know of another way without more information about the process you did before.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi,

It is possible to do something like this in Word, although it is  not the way I would do it - too much like hard work !

Insert your first picture ( Insert / Picture / From file - or wherever ). Then, using the handles around your image, set the size and orientation to suit your needs. Repeat the process for each image you want to add. then comes the weary bit. If you play around with the format options, particularly wrapping, you should be able to get images very close to each other and even superimposed.

As Horror_Trembles points out, this is really much easier to do in an image processing package like Serif Photoplus where you can work with multiple layers, this after all, is what packages like PhotoPlus and PhotoShop were invented for !

Chris Cosgrove

PS - Note to H_T - It's Serif, not Adrift !  You'll have the boys from Nottingham after you !

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

FWIW:  You may want to take a look at http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/autocollage/ for an easy way to create collages and then do normal printing of such images.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users