Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Connecting to the Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 idkjustin

idkjustin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hello everyone,

I must confess that I don't know much about computers. I called Toshiba's help desk this morning and I was told that they could fix the issue for $200. The problem is I'm a student and I don't have that amount of money just lying around. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to troubleshoot for me  if possible.

Basically, here's the problem I'm having:

I rebooted my laptop by reinstalling Windows 7 and now my laptop no longer recognizes any wireless networks (i.e. at home with a password guarded connection or at McDonald's with their free WIFI connection.)  The only option my laptop offers is to connect an Ethernet cable even though my laptop's wireless switch is on.

How do I connect to the internet via a wireless connection?

Thanks! :)

Justine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi justin :welcome:

Can you post the message when your computer is unable to connect at home? Please post also the computer model/brand next time.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users