Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Large/ Popular Sites will not load regardless of browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Waggy93312

Waggy93312

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

Hello All,

A friend of mine directed me to bleep in a effort to get me to run combofix, after a little reading I felt it is best to follow everyone's recommendation on this site and ask for help, prior to running combofix.

Here is the problem, large/ popular sites (think Google, yahoo, facebook, major news, etc) will not load in any browser (tried Firefox, IE, Chrome)- with these sites I get a continuing "connecting" status until the window eventually times out. With smaller sites (think local news, municipal utilities, etc) the page will load (with a substantial amount of lag), however after navigating a "smaller traffic" site page begins to load slowly, to the point the page times out. Also worth mentioning this error occurs with a strong internet connection via all network types (Wi-Fi & Ethernet) and did not start happening until a recent trip to Indonesia. Prior to my trip to Jakarta (where I used the hotel and customer internet access) I had no issue with the PC, I chalked the browser loading issue being related to a foreign ISP and the fact the country of Indonesia blocks a lot of traffic/ sites. Upon returning to the states the problem persisted. During my time in Indonesia I did not (consciously) download or run anything out of the ordinary.

Here are the details of my PC:

Make: Lenovo 420S

Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.80GHz

RAM: 6 GB

Operating System: Windows 7, 64bit with SP1 installed

Constant On Antivirus: AVG Basic

Default Antimalware: Window’s Defender (came with PC)

What I have tried to far:

Ping Various Sites via command prompt:

Result- most site respond with reasonable time and most with 100% success, including sites that I am unable to access via the web browser. Web browser problem- no change

Window's Update:

Result- Minimal success running update (sometimes responded with Error 88072EE2 which Window’s recommended FixIt resolved) Web browser problem- no change

Released and Renewed DNS:

Result- Web browser problem- no change

Downloaded and Ran Malware Bytes:

Result- no infections/ items found. Web browser problem- no change

Ran AVG Basic Antivirus:

Result- no infections/ items found. Web browser problem- no change

Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for all network interfaces:

Uninstalled and reinstalled all browsers, cleared all data and caches:

Downloaded and Ran CCleaner & conducted Registry Cleaner:

Result- 9 problems found (didn't get a screen shot :( )- fixed all issues. Web browser problem- no change

I appreciate everyone’s help in advance, please let me know what other details I can provide.

Regards

-Waggy

Edited by Waggy93312, 15 March 2013 - 02:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AlbertBarkley

AlbertBarkley

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Can you share a screenshot after when you try to open the websites and which result you get.. I hope that seeing the results or page warnings we can fix the problem.

#3 Waggy93312

Waggy93312
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

The browser attempts to connect for 2-3 minutes:

Untitled.jpg

Before giving me this error:

Untitled1.jpg

Some less popular sites will eventually load, however they all experience the 2-3 minutes of "connecting" and even after working for a while they eventually bog down and I get the same error message as above.

Something also to note, I have tried multiple different networks (over 10- home network, work network, direct to cable mode, cell phone tether, public wi-fi hotspot, etc) and they all come back with the same browser performance

Edited by Waggy93312, 15 March 2013 - 09:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users