Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Afternoon from beautiful NEPA

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sternrulez

sternrulez

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hello one and al! :)

Hopefully this finds you all in good health.  I finally decided to join BC for many reasons, not the least of which is that I have a "partial trojan" that I will of course seek assistance with elsewhere, but also because I've heard good things about this forum in the past, and I figured this would be a great place to meet a new bunch of like-minded people and perhaps make a few new friends in the process.

A little bit about me: I'm a "near-middle aged" disabled individual who works from home via the Ticket to Work program.  I've been using PCs since the early 80s (started with the Apple IIe models in high school), and I became instantly addicted to technology in general, finally getting my first home PC in late 1996.  It was a very poorly assembled machine, especially considering the price I paid for it, but it was there that I entered the wonderful world of do-it-yourself PC repair, and I quickly found out that with a small to moderate bit of research I was able to understand the inner working of it far more than the "tech guys" from the shop I purchased it at.  I have gone through several PCs in the past 20 years (wow, has it REALLY been that long? lol), and with every new rig I end up learning more and more about them, soaking up knowledge like a virtual sponge.

In addition to PC hardware and software interests, I am also an avid console, handheld and of course PC gamer, going all the way back to the Atari 2600.  I am currently the proud owner of a self-built tower PC, Win 8 laptop, a Chromebook, an Asus Transformer Prime tablet, Samsung Galaxy s3 phone, a Kindle, DS Lite XL, a Caanoo (a handheld emulation device that looks amazingly like my old PSP that emulates all of the retro console games perfectly), a PS1,PS2,Dreamcast, Wii, and Xbox 360 console, and I am VERY anxiously awaiting delivery of my OUYA game system at the end of this month, which I was a backer of for their initial fundraising on Kickstarter.  As you can see, I'm rarely if ever more than 3 feet away from either a game system or computing device, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

I suppose that's about it for now, so I'll end this by thanking the mods for allowing me to join, and I look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship with BC...thanks! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users