Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Max Epling

Max Epling

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I have Windows Live Mail 2011 on my Dell Vostro PC.  Recenlty the "Live" email began stopping accepting new emails and gives me a pop up screen to type in my Password, which I do.  It refuses to accept it.  I have run a Malware program (full scan) as well as done a full Microsoft Security anti-virus scan with no indications of infection. I briefly spoke with a Tech at AKAL until he wanted to move me to a fee based service.  He stated the CPU was operating at over 50% capacity and should be around 5%.  Also stated a list of itnms were shut off rather than running.  Not being computer smart, I had no idea  of what he meant. 

Other prorgams are working fine. Outlook provided by my employer has never had a problem.  Personally I miss Outlook on this new computer that repalced an XP (Dell) from 2001.

I do not play internet games but only use the PC for my part time job and personal.  Skype is installed.  I use two browsers: Firefax and Internet Explorer.

When I turned on the computer today, my personal email arrived.  It has now, again, shut me out.

I have had Windstream (DSL provider) to check it out but says it is a Microsoft issue.

Any ideas since my IT person initially thought it was a malware issue but appears not?

Something is wrong and I'm trying to preclude a "crash".

As a side note, and may not be related, Comcast changed thier protocols recently and for weeks they were shutting out Windstream cusotmers from emailing thiers.  It "appears" to be resovled.

thx  max

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I had WLM (2012 version) for a while.  Nothing but problems:  message I couldn't open, messages I couldn't delete, etc., etc.  I dumped it for Thunderbird, which actually works. 

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

You could change your password for your mail then change it in WLM. You may even be able to use the same password. Just delete it, re-enter it, save the change, then try it in WLM.

When the password is not accepted do you get an error message? If so copy/paste the entire error here. If you email address is in the error xxx out the part before @wherever.com/net

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 March 2013 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users