Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With IE 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hello to all. My OS is Win 7x64 and I recently updated from IE 9 to IE 10. Since then I have encountered a problem accessing my email. When I attempt to check email I receive the following : "att.net mail can't load due to a client side error". Below this message are some suggestions which I have followed to no avail. These include clearing browser cache, enabling cookies, disable ad blockers, etc.  I have not made any changes to the system other than to allow updating to IE 10. I did have AdFender installed due to annoying ads but since uninstalled and there is still an issue with email.

I've checked security levels and privacy levels but they are set the same as they were before installing IE 10. I've double-checked email settings for any changes to ports for incoming or outgoing or anything else associated and the info is correct.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise, going back to IE 9.

Thanks in advance, regards............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi -

I suggest that you contact AT&T as they may know a reason that we don't because IE10 itself is one of the most standards-compliant IE version in history.  Problems with sites in IE10 are usually old code doing bad IE detection.

AT&T lists IE7 -->

AT&T compatible browsers
Compatible browsers include the following:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB402059&cv=801&br=BR&ct=9000091&pv=2#fbid=5y5UR8xVxJg

I'm not sure what is meant by "IE optimized for AT&T powered by Yahoo!: 7.x+" as there is nothing about IE for AT&T to optimize or for Yahoo to power.

It's your call whether to go back to IE9 or not, but IE11 is likely not that far out.

Any thoughts to creating a new Outlook.com email address & simply forwarding all of your AT&T mail to it?  You do not need Outlook installed anywhere -- this is all online.

www.microsoft.com/Outlook

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for your response jcgriff2. Never had this type of problem with any IE or Windows updates and for the most part quite satisfied. I will pursue your suggestions

fervently. Thanks again, regards.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users