Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get out of power saving mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AlexandraMW

AlexandraMW

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

My desktop keeps going into power saving mode while I'm using the computer, and it won't stop until I reset the computer. Today it got to the point that it did it three times in a half hour, so I finally shut it down for a while and then rebooted it into safe mode. Now it's working fine, but I suspect it'll start up again if I go into normal mode.

I did a quick Google search and found that most of the time, this seems to be a video card/driver issue, but Windows told me I already have the best driver update, so I don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

You might try reverting to a slightly older version of the video card driver and see if that helps.  While generally you want to run the "latest and greatest" version of drivers (and other software), sometimes the newest version of video card drivers introduce "problems".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users