Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wont keep daylight savings time ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cobra5000

cobra5000

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

hi, i have windows vista on a toshiba satellite a305. 

since daylight savings started,  the computer wont keep the hour-ahead time. it reverts back to hour-behind time.

i have tried different internet time servers and going off the sync with internet time server all together.

i have tried manually adjusting the time ,  checking and unchecking the box automatically adjusting for daylight savings.

and what ever i do, it reverts back to regular daylight time, not daylight savings. 

it usually occurs after several minutes, i come back after a while and reverts back to old time.

could it be because the daylight savings time is earlier this year than in past years.

for example in 2006 daylight savings started on april 2. 

if memory serves me i had a similar problem last year, and it went away after a few weeks,

could that be why?

any thoughts, let me know

Edited by cobalt5002, 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Look in Date and Time in the Control panel and make sure that your time zone is set correctly for your location.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cobra5000

cobra5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

yes, been thru all that several times. i even tried moving my time zone one hour ahead so that it would adjust for the one hour behind error it gives, but that didnt do it. i wonder if i have some program that is also adjusting the time / time zone.

if somehow there is configuration to adjust for daylight savings on a certain date.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Worth a look...

http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-general/225639-day-light-saving-time-set-incorrect.html

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 cobra5000

cobra5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

well, i got a windows update page to update the vista clock. did the update process but it said it didnt apply to my copy of windows.

this is the link,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933360   

if i reset the time manually or reset it with the sync feature it will stay correct for an hour or so. 

then it resets itself back an hour to regular time.

as i said i even tried to set the time zone an hour ahead of mine so it would show the correct time.

but after a bit, that changed to.

i wonder if there is some other program which is resetting time zone.

if memory serves me, it did this in years past, and after about a week it straitens itself out.

and life goes on.

maybe the answer is windows 7 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users