Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had numerous infections in my registry, corrupted error files, keylogger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 seafour

seafour

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Greetings, I was hoping someone might help me find out if i have removed all the threats or if there are more. I recently bought this computer from a friend and after having someone remotely fix it and  runnuing all the test, they wanted 150 bucks we(may family) don't have. I ran combofix and it scrubbed a number of items, Im not sure if its all clean and what I can do from keeping this from happening again. I've attached both logs from DDS and my combofix log. Furthermore combo fix was ran previous to dds. Thanks you, as a Former Marine I would like to thank this community for your service to those of use who are clueless. No one ever drowned in sweat!...........Seafour

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,532 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Nothing suspicious was found on your logs. Lets continue.

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
  • ===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner
by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).
  • Please post the logs for my review. Let me know what problem persists.

#3 seafour

seafour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Nothing suspicious was found on your logs. Lets continue.

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
  • ===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner
by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).
  • Please post the logs for my review. Let me know what problem persists.

Hi nasdaq, just got back from camping with the kiddo, im going to print this out and will get back in a bit. Thank you for your patience..

#4 seafour

seafour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Nasdaq, Thanks for your patience, took my kid camping and we just got back in town.. Beautiful weather down here. Anyway, thanks for your help, ive attached the following files per your req. Let me know what else i can do.

c4

Attached Files

#5 seafour

seafour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

both these  are from the adware cleaner, however i believe i allready ran malware bytes.Attached File  AdwCleanerR3.txt   1.08KB   2 downloadsAttached File  AdwCleanerR1.txt   12.37KB   1 downloadsAttached File  checkup.txt   1.08KB   1 downloads

#6 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,532 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Secure your system by updating 3rd party programs.

Your version of Java is outdated and needs to be updated to take advantage of fixes that have eliminated security vulnerabilities.

Be careful not to install malware posing as Java update!
Important read this blog.
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/malware-poses-as-an-update-for-java-0-day-fix/

Quoted from the page.
"In light of the recent events surrounding Java, users must seriously consider their use of Java. Do they really need it? If yes, make sure that users follow the steps we recommended and get the security update directly from the official oracle website." at:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

How to disable Java in your browsers
http://www.infoworld.com/t/web-browsers/how-disable-java-in-your-browsers-210882

You can manually check your present version and update as recommended.
https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

If present remove the old version(s) of Java using the Add/Remove Programs applet.

Java 7 Update 15

Java 7 update 10 introduced important new security controls
You can read about it here.
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/12/19/java-7-update-10-introduces-important-new-security-controls/

Note
Java security update installs Ask Toolbar by default -- a single click in a multi-step installer.
http://www.benedelman.org/images/iac-jan13/ask-iac-011613-small.png
I suggest that your un-check the box "Install the Ask Toolbar" before proceeding.
===

Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in old version of Adobe Flash Player please get the latest version.

Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.171 and earlier versions for Windows, Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.273 and earlier versions for Macintosh, and Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.273 and earlier versions for Linux.

Get the latest Flash Player

On the top of the page you will be given an opportunity to download the version for your operating system.
Make sure you select appropriate version.

You will also have an option to install the Free! McAfee Security Scan Plus Un-check the box if you are NOT using McAfee's virus protection software.

For the users of Internet Explorer download version 11.
Flash Player 11 (64 bit)
Flash Player 11 (32 bit)
===

Get the latest version of the Adobe Reader.
http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Before your download I suggest you unckeck the box on the top right "Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional" this is not required if you are not a McAfee subscriber. While the installation is in progress you can also deny the installation of any other programs that may be suggested.

When installed remove your old version of the Reader using the Add/Remove Programs applet if present.
===

You are clean.

Run the AdwCleaner on occasion to remove any unwanted toolbars that are installed without your consent.

#7 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,532 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users