Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Highest Activity usually at 100%

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flickdog93

flickdog93

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi, very recently something happened to my Toshiba Satellite (I have no idea how it happened. Probably me being foolish again. Anyways.) and now every time I try to run anything the harddrive shows Highest Active Time in resource monitor at 100% yet there's not much data going back and forth. I mean the blue line is up at the top and there's barely any green. Thus it's running fairly slowly whenever I don't put it into Safe Mode. 

I'm typing up this request in Safe Mode with Networking currently.

Any help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flickdog93

flickdog93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

OK so I did a little more digging and am currently running my pc normally. The thing I noticed is searchprotocolhost and searchindexer are running with over 20 of each usually running. Most people have been saying if this happens that the original file may be corrupted. I also believe it's running under multiple directories at the moment. Only the original and one other directory are running it. Hope this helps anyone to help me

#3 flickdog93

flickdog93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Correction they're not running under different directories. I was watching what my hdd was accessing and was seeing all the things either one were going through.

#4 flickdog93

flickdog93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I suspended the three processes and am ok at the moment. I'm gonna try to find non-corrupted versions online to replace these. They are SearchFilterHost, SearchProtocolHost, and SearchIndexer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users