Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Myriad Clutter Possible Malware with IE Hangs, RunCommand gone, and far more!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LadyP

LadyP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Greetings!

I am new to this forum, and was pretty blown away by reading 3 pages of steps taken to clean up Start Programs, eliminate malware, restore Run command and far more!  I'm completely self-taught re IT, from every help file or grouping of which I read and attempt to ingest.

I submit a host of PC issues including frequent hang-up of both AOL 9.0VR Browser and NOW Native IE (8.0.6001 etc) , 98% CPU use as probable cause; RUN Command has disappeared from START Menu; Much old program clutter and probable registry trouble as well as malware.  Use McAffee for V-Scan.  Spyware program from AOL never reports any; Mumbo-Jumbo appeared on Add-On List. Don't know what I can delete to assist computer efficiency.

Would be so very grateful for any assistance; I may be a bit slow due to fused neck etc. disability, as well as income level too low to take PC to fix center.  Added 2Gigs of Ram to my Dimension3000, older pc with piteously low HD amount (CPU 2.4GHZ; 2G Ram), XP 3 Service Pack, 32-bit PC and more.

Thank you for your assistance beforehand, and wish all Blessings of the gods of PC, Macs, Notebooks and anything IT!

LadyP

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 March 2013 - 01:20 AM.
Moved from XP to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users