Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Different Versions Of Msn Messenger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 too_sly

too_sly

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

A while back I had a harddrive crash, so I bought a new one and loaded windows. It came with an older version of MSN messenger and I tried to remove it, I then updated to the newest version of MSN messenger. I use the Email button on my keyboard to check hotmail, and gmail, and when I do that, it makes the older version of MSN Messenger reappear.

Any Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:55 AM

Hi too_ sly. Hey, that rhymes. :thumbsup:
Anyway, double click "Keyboard" in Control Panel. Any options in there to remap the email keyboard button? If not, check the websites of the Computer and\or keyboard maker for drivers or special software it may need. Or if you like, just post both here.

Edited by HitSquad, 04 April 2006 - 10:55 AM.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:18 PM

Also you are talking about an older version of MSN Messenger... but correct me if I am wrong you might be talking about Windows Messenger... It's the same basic idea but comes preinstalled with Windows.

I can't remember is you can uninstall it but if you go to Set Program Acess and Defaults I think that you can switch it with the MSN Messenger.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

See if the following helps:

Running both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger 5.0 in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330117/en-us

Two Messenger Icons Are Displayed on the Taskbar and on the Start Menu
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330112/en-us

MSN Messenger Starts Instead of Windows Messenger When You Start Your Computer After You Install MSN 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330118/en-us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users