Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange issues with Microsoft mice under Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lti

lti

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have two Microsoft mice that don't work properly on my laptop running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. Other brands of mice work properly on this computer, and these Microsoft mice work perfectly on other computers.

One of these mice is an old Wheel Mouse Optical. With this mouse, the cursor jumps around the screen randomly. Once again, this mouse works perfectly on every other computer I have tried it on, even when using the same mouse pad.

The second mouse is a Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500. This mouse only scrolls down one line for each notch on the scroll wheel unless the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center is installed. The setting in the mouse properties affects every other mouse except this one.

Both mice also sometimes double-click if the left mouse button is held down. I really don't think that the buttons on both mice are already worn out.

What is causing these issues?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users