Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DHCP Service will not start

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 toole

toole

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I am repairing an Acer Aspire AM3400-U2502. I removed some trojans and malware and a virus. Their AVG Internet Security threw up the presence of a trojan in the restore file. Everything was working fine on the internet unitl I cleared the restore points and a short while later rebooted the machine.

I have tried:

Uninstalling the network card and driver.....reinstalling the realtek driver

Checking in the registry to see if the permissions were right for the DHCP service

Various Microsoft Fix It solutions that were offered

sfc /scannow

A restore netbt .bat file

The message I get when I try to start the DHCP Service is "Windows could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

I am totally stumped as to what to do. I may have to contact them and ask for permission to reinstall OS. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by toole, 13 March 2013 - 06:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users