Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7's CD Burning "wizard"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Here is a screen shot i get when i double click a blank cd/dvd in the drive.

Attached File  burn_disc.jpg   55.28KB   11 downloads

I have been forced to make discs in option 1 and the discs do not act like usb drives, unless you have to format your usb drive each time you want to add/remove a file from it.

What exactly is windows doing to the discs because on CDRW's the 700mb disc gets reduced down to like 554 megs and other weird things.

Edited by drwmbt, 13 March 2013 - 10:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Are you saying that you can't see files on CDRW disk?

I'm not 100% sure what your question is.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi,

Why not just use the second option 'With a CD/DVD player' ?  All this means is that the disc is finalised or closed and the disc is read only. You can still read / access data files on the disc from the player in your computer and copy them to a hard drive if you wish to edit the files.

It's a long time since I used re-writable discs since I buy blank CDs for 11p each and DVDs for 15p, but from memory, to re-write to a disc meant losing all the existing data on it since essentially you are re-melting the surface !  If you have a number of files in a collection and you want to change one, an updated version perhaps, use a memory stick. If you are wanting to archive data, or ship large quantities of data around, use discs.

Another admission - I have never used the built in disc burner in Windows. For simple straightforward tasks I use Free Easy Burner, and more complex ones, Nero.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users