Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC won't start in safe mode/FBI scam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jgfraser

Jgfraser

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Good morning everyone. I. Stumbled onto this forum when reading about viruses thought it sounds like something I might need

So I got the FBI ransom scam, when I try to boot in safe mode to run the emisoft program it shuts down before I can run any programs. I can start in safe made with command prompts. What do I do now

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2013 - 10:17 AM.
Merged posts, moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Edited by narenxp, 13 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#3 Jgfraser

Jgfraser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

When I typed "net user temp" then enter it said the user name could not be found
More help is available by typing
NET HELPMSG 2221

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

You missed /add

#5 Jgfraser

Jgfraser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Well I might've stumbled onto a fix. I did something (not sure what) but the PC starred to reboot and when I saw windows loading I manually pushed the power button till it went to reboot again. Pushed F8 this time it asked me to reboot from a previous date and it ran a system scan since it didn't load successfully the last time. I'm running emisoft anti-malware now deep scan now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users