Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New User Set up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Want an additional user set up on a Win 8 machine, but don't want to have a password or email associated with it. 

That way I can have an adminstrator account (with a password with total access) and an another account with limited access to not screw things up.  LOL

This way when Windows pops up to the sign-in screen, the other user can sign in without knowing the admin's password.

Could set that up very easily with Win 7, but it's driving me crazy not being able to figure it out with 8.  Arrrrgggg!!!!

And no, I'm not a pirate!  ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Create a local account in Windows 8 and don't enter a password. This will create a standard account like we know from previous versions of Windows. You should be able to just click on their account name to login without entering a password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users