Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - error 0X00000109 when running malware scans

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Platform: ASUS laptop model K52F-BBR9, Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
Using Windows Firewall & Avira anti-virus

I have twice received today a BSOD with error 0X00000109 when running simultaneously the malware scan products listed below under my Admin account. All products have the latest software updates & the latest virus definition updates:
  Malwarebytes
  Gmer
  Windows Software Malicious Tool
  SUPERAntiSpyware
  Windows Defender

I had previously run TDSSKiller which found nothing.
The Windows event viewer lists "BugcheckCode 265" at the time of each BSOD. 3 of 4 BugCheck parameters were different for the two BSODs. Both BSODs had "BugcheckParameter4 0x2".
BlueScreenView reports that the BSOD was caused by "ntoskrnl.exe".
I ran the Windows 7 "Memory Diagnostics Tool" just in case - nothing was found.
I did not run a disk check.

What is interesting is that I have never received a BSOD when doing my regular day-to-day work (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, web surfing, etc.), only the two times today when I ran the malware scan.

I do not know if the problem is:
(1) Am I infected?
(2) Could the problem be a bug in one of the malware scanners?  (I will try running these one at a time to see what happens.)
(3) Hardware problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Have you tried running the programs one at a time...some don't play well with others

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

I am in the process of running them one at a time. SInce I use the laptop a lot during the day, I will run each of them separately at night.

Do you recommend that I run  "sfc"  to check the integrity of all protected system files?

Do you recommend that I run  "chkdsk"?

Is there a potential for harm in running either of these?

Thank you.

David

#4 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

My apology.....

I noticed this morning that Acronis Drive Monitor reported an error & recommended I run chkdsk. SInce this does appear to be a hardweare error & not an error caused by an infection, let's close out this thread, & I will open a new thread on the hardware forum.

Thank you.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users