Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

space running low on D-drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whitelighter53

whitelighter53

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I've been getting this error message for a couple weeks on my ASUS laptop which runs Windows 7. I had some videos saved in the output folder, but I deleted them - they appeared to have become corrupt anyway, but I'm still getting the error message. In the Computer window, the D-drive appears to have 4.00 kb of 153 gb available but in the System Protection for Data (D) window it says that only 23.4 GB of 46.16 available GB are being used.  I enabled the viewing of hidden files and unchecked hiding file extensions for unknown files, but still don't see any files on the D-drive that would be taking up anywhere near that much space. I've tried running disk cleanup, cleaning up system files, and downloading a recommended disk diagnostics program from the Western Digital site - Data Lifeguard - which didn't come up with anything.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by whitelighter53, 12 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eoval

eoval

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

If you aren't running an antivirus, try trendmicro housecall or malwarebytes - both offer free scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users