Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Split from Computer Freezes Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 admin_user

admin_user

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Mod Edit;  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369851/computer-freezes-up/ - Hamluis.

Im having the exact same issues. Re-installing from scratch isn't going to do anything....

My sister got this PC from COSTCO, run fine for few years but then started to crash occasionally, then more often. 
Last couple of years have been unbearable, blue screens are so random and often that no works is been done on this PC. Pretty much is just an email reader and sometimes is not even good at that. 

2 weeks ago I did a fresh install from factory partition, then installed all important Windows Updates. Still crashed. Refused to update Service Pack. MS offers a tool to do a clean SP uninstall but it then refused to install SP by itself. Ugh! 
PC still run even without SP but is very unstable. 

I'm having a technician upgrade from Vista 64 to Windows 8 hoping it would mitigate these issues. I'll report back.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 13 March 2013 - 09:47 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Before you install Windows 8 you need to make sure this computer will support this operating system.

Windows 8 system requirements - Microsoft Windows

Having just reset this to the factory condition and it still is doing the same thing my first suspicion would be a hardware issue.

Look in the Event Viewer under Summary of Administrator Events for Critical events.  If there are any click on the plus sigen (+) to expand the list and post the Event IDs back here.

To access the Event Viewer go to the Start menu and type in or copy and paste eventvwr in the Search programs and files box.  Programs will list eventvwr above the Search box, click on it.

It would help if you post the make and model of this computer.

Edited by dc3, 13 March 2013 - 10:00 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users