Trying not to panic, but here it goes:
- hard drive on HP laptop went bad (can't boot in Windows 7), HP test shows replace hard drive
- hooked up the laptop HDD into my PC via adapter
- Here is where I made a stupid mistake: instead of just opening a dirve as I was able to see it and copy the files over I selected Windows option to scan and repair drive and aslo option to fix bad sectors. Windows did some scanning and i got the window you need to format your drive I of course did not and now i cannot even open this drive as partion is showing as RAW
- found a post about Parted Magic and how to fix RAW partition
- ran quick serach in Parted Magic for my bad drive and it shows HPFS - NTFS
- selected "p" option to browse for files - "No file found, filesystem may be damaged"
- started deeper search, which is running now but afraid it won't help either.
Are my files gone for good? Anything can be done to restore them? Please help...