Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dropped Internet Connections, Computer Restart solves it but annoying.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SleepTerrorr

SleepTerrorr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hey every one. New to the forum here but I'm sure someone on here must know my problem. Let me just explain.

I have Comcast internet. 66Mb/s and the router is an Arris TG862.

I'm running my computer through ethernet and I get lots of dropped connections. Normally, this happens when I'm watching youtube. I'll watch a few videos (1080p seems to take forever sometimes which it shouldn't) and before you know it, videos give up on me. They stop, and I refresh and nothing... it continues to not buffer at all. Then, i click out of the browser completely and open it back up select my YouTube icon and now the pages don't load. On the bottom right in the toolbar it says I'm connected to the internet but I can't connect at all! 

This also happens with my iPhone 4/Wii U through WiFi, it randomly loses connection for no reason! Here's the weird part, when I lose connection on my pc yet it still says I'm connected, My PS3 will still work online via ethernet cable! I have absolutely no idea as to why this is happening to me. I can't really think of anything besides it being the router or something but I figured i'd get a second opinion on this. I've also did the following...

Start>Control Panel>Network & Internet>Change Adapter Settings>Right Click Local Area Connection>Configure>Power Management>unchecked "allow this computer to turn off device to save power"

I've tried to simply reset my modem but still nothing afterwards...

I've tried IP resetting...

I also use Marlwarebytes and AVG Internet Security.

If anyone has an idea as to why this is happening I'd appreciate it tremendously! And if anyone has any clue as to why my internet speeds are slow, yet I have 66Mb/s of internet (tested with speedtest.net) Then please do so as well! It's driving me nuts!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Hi ST and Welcome to BC community :)

Since the problem seems to be affecting ALL your devices, try relaying the issue first by the Comcast help and support forums. http://forums.comcast.com/ If this suddenly came about, there is a big chance that there is a router or line problem that needs to be checked.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users