Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Been Infected With Viruses, Malware, Spyware For 2 Days, Someone Help, Please!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arma

Arma

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

I have tried alot of guide, and still I am infected. Yesterday I used Panda ActiveScan Pro, and the report said I had 6 Hacking Tools installed on my computer in C:\, 1 SpyWare in my cookies in C:\ and finally 1 in Quarantine in my E:\ Folder. (Only D:\ seems unaffected, for now...)

I asked on Microsoft Newsgroup, and what all the people told me to try failed. Viruses keeps coming back like mad, I am doing another scan with ActiveScan Pro it's at 15% of scanning, it already found 2 Hacking Tools (These are tools used by hackers to attack systems from a remote computer.)

Any suggestions on how to finally deal with that? SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE!!! PLEASE!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Arma

Arma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:39 AM

Oh the ActivaScan Pro, is at 50% and it only found 2 Hacking Tools so far ^^ (it's good cause yesterday, it wasn't like that). How can I get rid of those before I see more of those respawning (again!) on my computer?

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:16 AM

See the How to remove SpywareQuake self-help tutorial here.

If you are still having problems afterwards you may need to post a HijackThis log and get expert assistance. Instructions for posting a log are included in the tutorial.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Arma

Arma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:36 AM

Someone from Microsoft Newsgroup told me that the only way was to do a clean install, and reinstall everything, since I was so infected and I tried getting rid of viruses for 48 hours. So right now, I copying my stuff on DVD, but doing a clean install and reinstalling Windows seems a pain in the ass (I am not really good at all that, I might get stuck at the very begining of the process)

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:39 AM

Well you could always follow quietman7's advice, before you go to
those lengths. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:49 AM

A clean install should be a last resort. The process of actually cleaning an infected computer can be an invaluable learning experience that can increase your knowledge and awareness should you get infected again at some future point.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Arma

Arma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:25 AM

I tried to do the thing to get rid of SpyWareQuake, it didn't work. I did a scan with Panda ActiveScan Pro and it still showed as being here. But now I think I got rid of SpyWareQSuake but I am still infected with other things. Panda ActivaScan Pro doesn't find it though.

I don't really fell like doing a clean install and all (>_<) I have so much things on my computer, plus I don't want to mess up anything that would lead me to take it to professionals.

How do I post a hijack log?

Edited by Arma, 05 April 2006 - 09:27 AM.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:35 AM

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Arma

Arma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

sorry wrong place, i deleted it.

Edited by Arma, 14 April 2006 - 03:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users