Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Beeps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AbsoZed

AbsoZed

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new graphics card and power supply for my computer (Lenovo M58). However, when I place the Graphics Card in the PCI-E slot and boot, I get three beeps, 1 long, two short, and no video. The power supply is 500W and the card is a GeForce 610 GC. The really strange part is I've tried it in another, identical setup, and it works fine. What am I doing wrong? The card is getting power, and spinning up the fan. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Charles007

Chris Charles007

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Is it working fine when you turn ON your computer without graphics card??

Chris

Regards,
Chris
tokeepmypcup.com

#3 AbsoZed

AbsoZed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Yes, it  was. It actually turned out to be a bad PCI-E slot on the motherboard. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users