Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Points

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed that even though System Restore seems to be working, creating files in the System Volume Information folder at the scheduled times, those restore points do not show up in the System Restore program, so I would not be able to use them should I need them.

Any ideas on why or how to fix this?

If I create a restore point manually, that one will show up in the program.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Just to update, I tried turning off System Restore and restarting it in hopes that it would fix it, but it did not.

I am pretty sure I have it set up correctly in Task Scheduler, but, maybe not and that is the problem, just not sure how to find out or what to do about it.

If anyone has any thoughts, please share them, I really hate not having daily restore points made.

Also, is there an alternative to System Restore that I can use in Windows 8 64 bit?

Erunt doesn't seem to be a viable solution as the program has not been updated in years. It will install, but I don't know about using it since it has been so long since it has been updated.

Anyone have any thoughts about that one?

Edited by Stang777, 13 March 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Alternative to Windows system restore (or use both):  Tweaking.com - Registry Backup

I use this program on Windows 7, but it works on Windows 8 (x32 and x64) as well.  I schedule it to run every time that the computer starts up (takes 10 or so seconds as the Desktop loads) and I run it minimized.  You can restore the registry in normal Windows, safe mode, and if neither of these modes are available, you can restore the registry after booting from any live Linux Distro.  Nice program.    

Regards,
Brooks

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thank you, I will check that program out.

I appreciate you replying and suggesting that :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users