Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Snipping Tool

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisI

ChrisI

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

This used to work fine for me but two days ago it changed mysteriously so that when I try to use it it switches straight to the desktop screen, and so I can't snip what I wanted to. I don't know what to do now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jfruch1

jfruch1

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

If you are trying to snip from an app you will have to use the Prt Screen function.  While on the desktop you can snip anything just like you used to.  Prnt Screen will create a folder in your Pictures folder called Screenshots (or something like that) and each screen shot will be numbered.

#3 ChrisI

ChrisI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm in Windows 8. I find something on a website I want to snip so it's on my screen in front of me. I go bottom left corner, get up the windows boxes and select the Snipping Tool. At this point my PC switches me to my desktop (just a screen of icons) and pops up the snipping tool box. It then ONLY allows me to snip something on my desktop (ie no use at all).

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

It switches straight to the desktop for me too. Your telling me it stayed in the app screen when you started it from there?

#5 ChrisI

ChrisI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Absolutely.  

#6 ChrisI

ChrisI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

What I mean is that it used to stay on, for example, a website so I could then snip a picture or piece of text from the website. Surely this should be its purpose.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I cant get it to work in start screen apps and from what I read others cant either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users