Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help configuring Wanscam Wireless IP Camera (x3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
541 replies to this topic

#1 median

median

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hey all,

I have 3 Wanscam Wireless AJ-C0WA-B116 cameras but don't know how to get the program, which came with the cameras, to "see" my router. Actually, I really don't know how to setup this software at all. I have attached the documentation but I think it is missing information regarding router setup? I am lost when it comes to setting up router stuff. Any help on how to get these cameras working, on my desktop PC and Galaxy S3 phone, that would be awesome.

Thx,

Aaron

p.s. - My router is a NETGEAR WNR3500

Edited by median, 11 March 2013 - 11:27 PM.

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hi @median

Could you tell me the steps you follow to configure your cameras?

viccowface

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 March 2013 - 12:02 PM.
deleted commercial website link

Regards,

Vic

#3 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

I followed the steps in the instructions (in PDF) but the instructions are not enough. The program does not see my cameras and I do not know how to configure my router. I do not know what to do.

Edited by median, 13 March 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#4 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

I followed the steps in the instructions (in PDF) but the instructions are not enough. The program does not see my cameras and I do not know how to configure my router. I do not know what to do.

Hi median,

Ok, I'm going to write the steps and please, could you tell me if you follow each one:
  • Install the ActiveX on the CD installer
  • Connect the camera and the router with the UTP cable.  And plug the power adaptor into the camera.
  • Open the Search Tool on the cd (wait 30 seconds to boot the camera)
  • on the screen of the Search Tool you will find your network information
  • 8555356936_99debe3a2c.jpg
  • Note:
    1. Current Computer indicates the Computer IP Address information.
    2. Equipment information indicates the IP camera IP Address information.
    3. If you find that the cameras Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server is not as
    some as your current computerfs. You need try to change the camrafs IP address.
    Make sure the Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server is the same as your routers or
    your current computer.
    4. If you don't know how to configure your camerafs IP address. You can clic
    Auto IP Setup button. The Search Tool software can help you configure a usable IP camera
    automatically.
  • If all the information is correct, please clic on the OPEN button (inner access) or double clic on the Camera IP, this will open your browser and ask you the user and password of the camera.
did you follow those steps?

viccowface

deleted commercial website link

Regards,

Vic

#5 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Step #2 I did not do b/c I thought these are supposed to be wireless?

#6 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Step #2 I did not do b/c I thought these are supposed to be wireless?

Hi,

yes, they are wireless but the first configuration requires the connection on the step 2

Please, could you do that and then if you need more assistance you could tell me or you could e-mail me to vcaravaca@luviccr.com

tnks!

Regards,

Vic

#7 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Do I just repeat the steps in order to setup the other cameras? I have 3 total cameras. So, once I setup the first camera (and unplug ethernet) will my network find it by wireless?

p.s. - I cannot add multipe devices. Under "Multiple Device Settings" there are no devices listed, but one camera is working (only one).

These directions in .PDF are horrible.

Edited by median, 15 March 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#8 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

This is extremely difficult to setup and very frustrating. I plugged in each camera (all IP addresses were the same). I tried to change the IP address of one camera. Then nothing works. Now that I unplgged all cameras, only one camera is found in Search Tool and it cannot be found when double click.

#9 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Do I just repeat the steps in order to setup the other cameras? I have 3 total cameras. So, once I setup the first camera (and unplug ethernet) will my network find it by wireless?

p.s. - I cannot add multipe devices. Under "Multiple Device Settings" there are no devices listed, but one camera is working (only one).

These directions in .PDF are horrible.

Hi median, did you assign a different IP to each camera (eg. 192.168.1.100 port 99 to camera 1, 192.168.1.101 port 98 to camera 2, 192.168.1.102 port 100 to camera 3)?

If you want I could help you remotelly? using logmein.com or teamviewer.com

Kind regards

viccowface

removed commercial reference

Regards,

Vic

#10 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I will try that and then report back. Thx

#11 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have tried everything I know how to do and it's not working. I plug in one camera (only have one ethernet cable), change the ip address and port, but once it resets it times out. Then I unplug the ethernet from the camera and nothing shows up anymore in Search Tool. I'm totally stuck. This is the worst setup instructions I've ever seen in PDF.

#12 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi median,

I hear you!!! my first setup was the same, but it's very easy honestly, tell me if you want to connect via teamviewer and I'll help you remotelly!!

best regards,

viccowface

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 March 2013 - 12:03 PM.
removed commercial reference

Regards,

Vic

#13 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Sure that's fine. Or we can use join.me to connect. I guess I just don't get it. I would plug ethernet into my router, and run it all the way outside to one of my cameras. Then I would double click the Search Tool. Once I saw the IP address of the camera I would double click it and it would bring up my browser (Firefox) to view the camera. Then I would enter the camera utility setup, click Basic Ip Settings and change both the IP address and the port. Once I clicked submit it would tell me that the camera was being rebooted. After the 30 second clock ran down to 0 the browser would time out. I would then unplug the ethernet from the camera and then see nothing in the Search Tool or on screen. This happened a bunch of times. Sometimes it would work, and I would be able to see only one camera via wireless. They should have made the instructions way differently IMO.

#14 viccowface

viccowface

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi median,

I'm ready to check your camera, if you are not ready... you could tell me via email viccowface at (removed email address)

Sure that's fine. Or we can use join.me to connect. I guess I just don't get it. I would plug ethernet into my router, and run it all the way outside to one of my cameras. Then I would double click the Search Tool. Once I saw the IP address of the camera I would double click it and it would bring up my browser (Firefox) to view the camera. Then I would enter the camera utility setup, click Basic Ip Settings and change both the IP address and the port. Once I clicked submit it would tell me that the camera was being rebooted. After the 30 second clock ran down to 0 the browser would time out. I would then unplug the ethernet from the camera and then see nothing in the Search Tool or on screen. This happened a bunch of times. Sometimes it would work, and I would be able to see only one camera via wireless. They should have made the instructions way differently IMO.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 March 2013 - 12:01 PM.
removed email address

Regards,

Vic

#15 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Can you just post the exact steps I need to take to get each camera up and running wireless?

Thx

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users