Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU running but no display is seen in monitor.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bratvbk

bratvbk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hi ,

Am using Intel 2.9 ghz i3 processor - 4gb ram,running on windows 8.

Suddenly my monitor went off but still the led indicators showing its on,not able to find out wats the problem.

• I tried changin the Video card and plugged my monitor input through mother board  
  • tried removing RAM
  • tried changing the CMOS battery

still the problem persists.

Previously i had problems in my motherboard where it turned off every thirty seconds ,i gave it to intel as it was under warranty period they replaced it with a new one which worked fine for a week,suddenly this problem came up.

Any suggestions on wat is the exact problem how to solve the issue .

Please help -

Thanks 

Barath

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

do you happen to have another motherboard and PSU you can swap out for diagnostic reasons?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 bratvbk

bratvbk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I have one spare PSU ,but no mother board.

Do you think power will be the issue on this problem ?

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hello bratvbk, what is the make and model number of your monitor?

Does your system indicate a successful boot up through the BIOS beep codes? Your system should beep once indicating it has passed the boot procedure over to your OS. 

Does your monitor indicate an 'out of range' notice of any kind?

Being that you changed your video card connection, and have same results, it appears to me that the issue may not be with your motherboard. ( It is still possible though)

Being that I have electronics repair background, I may better be able to help you once I have a clearer understanding what is going on with your monitor. 

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 12 March 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 bratvbk

bratvbk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hi Bruce,

I use a samsung 2033SW plus.

• Yea i get a beep sound for a passed boot procedure when i switch it on after a gap of an hour,after which i get a display and then it goes off within ten minutes.
  • No monitor does not indicate anything it just goes blank and the LED indicator keeps blinking.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

well, It wouldn't hurt to swap it out with the other PSU just to eliminate that as a possibility?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 Chris Charles007

Chris Charles007

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hi,

If your system switch ON after one hour gap, and switches off in ten min, may be there is a possibility of over heating. Try checking your CPU temperature.

Chris

Regards,
Chris
tokeepmypcup.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users