Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RKill & mbam are prevented from working by Disk Antivirus Professional (DAP)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alpadilla

alpadilla

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I was following the instructions posted here at BC to rid my laptop of DAP, but there were issues along the way. 1. When I finally made it to safe mode with networking, I got the message that a required componebt failed to load, so it just had a black screen with the words safe mode at the top and bottom. I tried several times to no avail. So, i used a flashdrive to download RKill versions... It let me copy those to the desktop, but all failed to run. Then, I tried to connect to the Internet and got on. So, I downloaded mbam and I cannot find the download although it says it is complete.

At this point, I will try anything ... This is my work computer .. Everything is on it!! If I don 't figure this out on my own, come Monday they will simply re-image it and all will be lost.

it is a HP 6910. Intel ® Core ™ 2Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz 2.19GHz. 3.00 GHz RAM running Win XP, Pro Ver 2002, SP 3

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Can you launch task manager in safemode with networking?

Press ctrl+Alt+Del which should launch task manager

Click on File-new task and type

explorer and click ok

Does desktop load now?

#3 alpadilla

alpadilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I just could not give up n wait, so I kept searching for answers... Found the following link n looks like it is working so far: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/disk-antivirus-professional-removal

It found like 12 threats ... Could only see the first twelve or so letters in the name, but they were like: Trojan.FakAl, Trojan.OF.fail, trojan.FakeAV, trojan.OAcc, PUM.Hijack.st and PUM.disabled

Gonna run a full system scan now... But, I do not know how to determine if I need to use HitmanPro or not as suggested. My computer has Kaspersky ... I know nothing is foolproof, but my employer thinks it is!

Would you run HitmanPro?

Thank you for response.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

This is a malware removal forum.We do not suggest tools which may or may not solve the issue.

We have our own instructions to remove the infections and we want users to follow our suggestions .

As you have started fixing on your own you are free to run whatever you tools you find on the web.

If you still need help,please stop running tools on your own

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Let an expert assist you.

#5 alpadilla

alpadilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Well, it appears to have worked ... Only 1 threat found during full scan .. Trojan.FAK.AL was still there ... Restarting it... My Filehippo update manager is working again! But, cannot download anything ... I guess I will run another full system scan and see what happens. If it says my system is clean, but I still cannot download anything....?

#6 alpadilla

alpadilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

BC Advisor, I apologize for being impulsive and not participating as expected.

As I was unable to do anything in safe mode with networking or just safe mode, I was unable to go on with the procedures provided as I said in my post. The procedure BC had posted did not offer an alternative to the 3 versions of RKill, but said the malware would essentially need to be fooled to let malware bytes to run. The link I followed is from this same entity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users