Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

frequent BSODS, over 5 gb of dump and windows error files, system restarts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 wickedsunny123

wickedsunny123

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

i was attacked by malware recently which i probably removed before i could post the topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487434/getting-reinfected-again-and-again/page-2#entry3000528

i am also having bsods many times, not specifically but  few days before everytime i will start my computer after looging into my user account, my computer will automatically restart.

also in the thread above i exoerienced a bsod while running a scan

i think some driver or files have gone corrupt on my computer.

I also need to mention i started having bsods from november after a virus infection or maybe because i removed dameon tools i am not really sure.

It did something weird though, on booting it gave me an error hard disk not found, i knew it has something to do with the malware or driver problem.

so i chnaged the hard disk controller to ide from sata and my it booted.

from then on i have not changed it back to sata but i am having serious errors every now and then, including recent malware attacks.

currently it appears clean but errors are there.

please let me know what should I do?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

You need to...complete the topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487434/getting-reinfected-again-and-again/page-2#entry3000528 before opening any other topics involving this same system.

As long as that malware topic is open, this topic and any others that you might start...will be closed.

Once the possibility of malware has been removed from your system situation...you can then move on to seeming issues that have nothing to do with malware.

I suggest that you send a PM to your Helper in the malware forrum...and verify that you have no malware issues and request that he thus close your MRL topic.  Then, I will reopen this topic.