Hi! I've been creating a rig to future-proof myself for some time.
I plan to use these things:
- ASUS Sabertooth Z77 TUF Motherboard
- GTX 660, probably only one maybe do a SLI later in the year.
- Samsung 840 Pro SSD, probably a 240GB and bringing over a 500GB disk drive from older system.
- Either a SeaSonic or Corsair PSU, modular, I was aiming towards 750, but I have a feeling it may be overkill.
- Either Ripjaws or Corsair Dominators, 8GB in total and probably upgrade to 16GB in the future.
- Bring over some LiteOn drives from older system.
- I believe I have to buy another OS, but is it possible to just buy a key and use an older CD or port over to a USB stick and install the OS that way? (Windows 7 64bit)
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, Item number: RR-B10-212P-G1
Now here's my problem. I don't know whether to use the i5 or not. I feel with the Sabertooth, an i7 may be a better choice and would like some key suggestions/advice on this choice.
As well as that, I need to know if my choice of PSU wattage was correct and some opinions on the two brands. Also on the memory as well.
Besides that, do you think this build is total overkill or good enough to last me a couple of more years? I believe the total build comes out to around $1500-2000USD.
Edited by peacemak3r, 11 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.