Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Movies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi all,hope this is posted in the right forum.I burn a lot of movie files to DVD using Ultra DVD Creator.Program works fine always but is a little slow.I have no startup programs when I boot so am not worried about that.I was wondering if I could burn the movies in safe mode with limited resourses running.Would this speed up the process a bit.I go into the Task Manager and disable what I can.It is not a big deal but was wondering if safe mode would speed it up any,Thank-you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi, It appears that you are using a program that converts and burns.

When You pull up task manager without the program running, what does it show the CPU usage as? It should be low, in the 0% to 1% range if nothing is running. If it is significantly higher then finding the problem will help.

If that is the case, then Your CPU is the limiting factor in the conversion process. Converting Video is very CPU intensive.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thanx for the response,CPU usage is at about 75% give or take.I have 2 gigs of memory and a dual core processor at 2GHz on windows 7.This has always happened no matter how many times I have reinstalled.There seems to be no problems with the system and am wondering if it is just a memory issue.This also happens when I unzip a .rar file and try to do something else at the same time.I tried to convert and burn in safe mode but the drivers don't load which is understandable.I dual boot with XP and seems to be faster with that OS.

Guess I will have to live with it but thanx for your input.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Are You saying that your CPU usage is 75% when not doing anything? Right now I'm running at 1% CPU with Firefox, Thunderbird, and Imgburn open.

Memory usage is 1.86Gb, This is while burning a Data Backup to BluRay media with Imgburn. Also Running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.

I Use one program to edit and convert the video I capture to DVD or BluRay format, Then I use a different Program to Author and then I use ImgBurn to burn the DVD or BluRay. I also do use a Q&D one click type program for when I don't care so much about the quality as I do the speed.

If you are saying 75% when using that application that would be different.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 11 March 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sorry,also about 1to2% here running firefox and doing nothing.I use AVS to edit and convert and Ultra dvd to burn.I guess that it is the nature of the beast.I was just wondering if I could speed it up in safe mode but from what I see,it's not possible without changing the registry and enabling the drivers to load in safe mode which probably defeats the purpose.But thanx for your input,always something there to learn.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

If You are using it only to Burn, Why not try Imgburn, That is the only burning software on my computer.

http://www.imgburn.com/

It is free, Just watch the prompts during the install and only install it. Right Now I'm burning my 6X Verbatim BluRay blanks at 8X, I didn't want to push them at 10X or 12X.  Being able to do that depends one the Drive and the Media. In this case a Liteon Drive for burning DVDs and a Pioneer BDR-206 for burning BluRays. And Always Verbatim media for anything I care about. Junk media for Testing where I'll shred it when done anyway.

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 11 March 2013 - 11:26 AM.

167 @ June 2015

#7 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Thank-you,will give it a try.

Tony