Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event ID 1000 Faulting App DllHost.exe Faulting Module RPCRT4.dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jameseee

Jameseee

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I recently upgraded my computer and did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  I have since been getting the above error often.  Once this error occurs, most icons become plain white pages; opening Computer does not show drives; opening Control Panel does not show anything; and attempting to open the Properties dialog of a drive doesn't do anything at all.  All of these symptoms go away (until the next instance of this error) if I open Task Manager and End Process on DllHost.exe.

Until a few days ago, another symptom was that Context Menus would not appear.  This symptom seems to have been resolved by running shexview-x64 and removing Context Menu items that I don't use or just don't care about.

One other symptom that I believe is related (but I cannot verify this) is that it seems to be causing problems with temperature and/or fan sensors.  I say this because occasionally, I will get a message that my CPU fan is at 0 RPM, but I can see it spinning normally.  Further investigation shows a MB temp of approximately 80 degrees F and a CPU temp of approximately 75 degrees F.  Since that is roughly room temperature and my computer is busy converting video files at the time, I doubt the CPU is at 75.  This 0 RPM popup ONLY happens when there is a problem with DllHost.exe.

Hardware:

ASUS P9X79 Pro MB

Intel Core i7-3930K CPU

Phanteks Dual Heat Pipe/Dual Fan CPU Cooler

64 GB GSkill F3-1866C9D-16GXM RAM

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 GPU with 4GB GDDR5 RAM

480 GB OCZ SSD

Adaptec 6405e RAID Controller

2x1 TB Western Digital Black HDs in a RAID0 configuration

2x2 TB Western Digital Green HDs in a RAID0 configuration

3 TB Seagate Barracuda HD for backup images

As stated earlier, this was a clean install.

All Windows Updates have been installed.  All drivers were downloaded (NOT installed from the shipped CD/DVDs) and are all up-to-date.  One exception to this is that the Realtek High Definition Audio Device has been uninstalled due to a problem with that driver, but the Windows 7 driver works just fine for me.

I have run SFC a half dozen times and all system files report as clean.  I have run CHKDSK on all drives and they are all clean.  I have run SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes and ESET Online Scanner -- all clean.

Bottom line is that I'm stumped.  Can anyone give me help on how to track this thing down?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

James

Edited by hamluis, 11 March 2013 - 08:45 AM.
Mistake - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

There is a great deal of difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit recorded temperatures and most readings I see on computers are given in Celsius.

Max operating temp for your CPU is 66-67 Celsius.

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .and post the link which results.

Louis

#3 Jameseee

Jameseee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Louis,

Thanks for the reply.  I believe I have resolved the issue.  But, just in case, here is the information you requested.  James

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/eK7euN0NSFvfMHiFTuV2vRS

#4 Jameseee

Jameseee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

OK.  This issue has been resolved.  If anyone is experiencing this problem and happens to be looking here for a solution, the solution in my case was simple.

If you have Acronis True Image Home 2013 installed, this may be your problem.  Go to the Acronis Forums and look for 35064: Com Surrogate failure.

Thanks.  James

Edited by Jameseee, 13 March 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users