Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting but, no internet access.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wowitsval

wowitsval

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Okay, I'm trying to connect to the internet. I don't know much about computers but, google has lead me here. Basically I have a password protected wifi and I'm able to connect but, it says unindentified network and no internet access when I try and access the internet. What could be the issue???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Hi wowitsval and :welcome: to BC Community

Please post the complete computer model and operating system next time. Have you tried connecting to the router close enough to make sure its not a distance issue? Did it work before? Make sure you are not connected to any open nearby networks, only your home network SSID.

Tekken

#3 wowitsval

wowitsval
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

It's worked before and my other laptop connects fine. This laptop is a windows 7 g7 hp.
So when I put in password it works but when I try and access Internet, I can't.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Can you connect  by wired? Run the program below and use the wifi connection and wired unplug.
Download MiniToolBox and select all options.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users