Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem removing, control panel items

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jrheintz

jrheintz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

An have an older Ver. open office 3.2, installed 6/12/10,in the control panel, Believe is preventing the installation of a currant ver 3.4 open office.

I have attempted removal of 3.2 with Revouninstaller.com. No success!  I have attempted to install the prior ver. open office 3.2 with the thought segments of the original file were corrupt, Unable to make a reinstallation.   ( Only option, to high light file and DELETE but, this being an unsafe process have elected to try some alternate methods.)

So far upgraging to 7 was a bad move.

I have a window 7, 32 bit newly installed jan 2013. The teck that made the install has attempted differant methods to correct the problem but, no success. Guess someone smarter

need to take a look at the cure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your review and suggestions.

jrheintz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Run this fixit

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9779673

Select open office -Uninstall it

Restart the PC and try to install it

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm not sure I understand your saying "I have a window 7, 32 bit newly installed jan 2013" and

at the same time you have an older Open Office that would not show up in a new install unless you

installed. Windows 7 does not install Open Office unless you download and install Open Office.

Sounds like to me your tech attempted an upgrade and Open Office now has missing/ corrupt files.

I suggest if the fixit narenxp suggested you use does not work you may want to do a clean install of

Windows 7.

Did your computer originally have Vista?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users