Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help:0x00000074 error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kmheinz

kmheinz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I cannot boot into any mode.  I do not have a reboot disk.  I am running Windows 7 on an Acer Ax143og.

We have been having trouble with our search engine redirecting for 2 weeks now.  I ran several different spyware/antivirus programs and when they found something i figured that was the cause.  It happened again today, so I decided it was time to do a fresh reinstall and attempted to do it by the Acer Erecovery management already installed on the computer.  Something apparently happened and now I cannot reboot to anything and I keep getting the dreaded blue screen saying "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO and the error code 0x00000074.  I do not have an actual reboot disk, is there any way I can make one on a flash drive from another computer or is there any way I can get into the computer itself and reinstall windows? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users