Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wi-fi connection issue?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I noticed on my wi-fi connection that there is a triangle with excalamation mark.  My wi-fi is working fine.  I can browse the Internet fine.  Why would this be showing up?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

That same wifi icon appearance but with internet connection have also bug me previously. I am not sure what solved the problem but maybe clearing the home network profile and manually connecting again or reinstalling the driver may help.

Tekken

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Run Ipconfig /all in the command prompt with administrator privileges see if there are any network connections that are assigned a different IP then your wireless. You could have a "lingering" network connection that is not connected to anything but still has an invaild IP address. This can be caused by statically asigning an IP then creating a new network connection or changing the Name of the Network connection, or Using advanced settings in the IPv4 you can specify multiple dns servers which can confuse windows. Iif you have IPV4 and IPV6 turned on (If your using Windows 7 with the homegroup you need IPV6 on) make sure both have a valid connection. Lastly if you have VM software or VPN connections installed make sure the network connection is not enabled when the software is not being used. The should show Disabled when the VPN client is not conneted or Virtual Box/Windows Virtual PC is not using the connection.

Edit: There are of fixes for the problem I have included all the ones I used you can look here as well LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU let us know what happens

Edited by Sneakycyber, 17 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 PaulJoe

PaulJoe

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

You can use ping and ipconifg tools to resolve the issue.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

You can use ping and ipconifg tools to resolve the issue.

Could you be more specific please? If he has access to the internet, and is able to load webpages there is no connectivity issues with the wireless.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 tl8767

tl8767

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

If there was an IP conflict with another machine, you would not be able to browse the Internet. This has happened to be me before when I had my laptop running and on-resume for a week. I had to restart the machine to fix the issue because in my case, the icon would just show a crossed out mark. Maybe you should try and restart it rather than uninstalling and re-installing your entire network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users