Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Laserjet P1006 and Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

I started a topic for this about a week ago. I'm doing another one because the one was taken off track.

If you're reading this, I just have to ask - please. Please. PLEASE. If you are not a staff member or an advisor for this website, DO NOT RESPOND HERE WITH SUGGESTIONS. PLEASE.

Now.

I recently purchased a new PC. I picked up the HP Envy H8. I'm running Windows 8, 3.4GHz, 10GB RAM, 1TB HD.

I attempted to install my printers. I have the HP Laserjet P1006 and the HP Photosmart 8750.

From the install CD's, neither printer has a driver for Windows 8. I checked on the HP website, and no drivers were available for either printer.

However, when I go into the printers folder, and click on "Add a printer" both models were on the list. I was able to install the Laserjet and print a test page. Then I installed the Photosmart and printed off a test page. However, after the Photosmart was installed, the Laserjet no longer worked.

I tried to remove both and reinstalled the Laserjet. Again, I was able to print a test page. And I was able to print the documents (mostly shipping invoices and shipping labels) that I need. However, I restarted the PC and now I can no longer print with the Laserjet. I tried to remove it, and reinstall it, and it will not work. It appears that I can NOT uninstall the older instance(s) of the printers, and I have to give them different names with a -1 or -2 at the end of it.

Again, I've check for drivers - according to the site there are none. I used the Windows installed driver and it worked for a bit. The paper is feeding properly. I've gone through the steps on the HP website listed here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-topics/windows8-support/printer-install-issues.html

I'm hesitant to call HP tech support because the last time I did, they actually made my PC worse than it was. So I'm turning here as a last resort to get this issue resolved.

Once again, please. Please. PLEASE. IF YOU ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE OF THIS WEBSITE, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS TOPIC.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by starwarsgeek, 10 March 2013 - 12:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users