Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DING INstaller

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sasysu

sasysu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

I keeo getting a message saying my computer is not protected because  my DING INSTALLER  is not working properly... and that this problem has occured during LIVE UPDATE.   THEN TELLS ME TO  UNSTALL AND REINSTALL NORTON PRODUCT NOW.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Have you uninstalled Norton and then reinstalled it?

If you haven't I would suggest doing so.  I would also suggest using Norton's Removal Tool.  When you go to their website just click on the tool which applies to your installation.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I received the following in a PM from sasysu.

No, I have not removed Norton from my computer because I bought it online and don't have a backup disk to reinstall.

I want to download my Norton product which is not registered to my Norton Account

The title is misleading, this applies to your situation.

Just so you know, there are other antivirus programs that work well and are free, Avast is one which is used by some members here.

For future reference, I make it a practice not to address topics via PMs (Personal Messages).  These forums are open to anyone, all members are allowed to contribute.  Some members read these topics in order to learn, others are looking for solutions to problems they are experiencing.  If topics are addressed via PMs others are excluded which is counter productive to the intentions of these forums.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 sasysu

sasysu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

I am very sorry that my message went to you personally.  I am new to this and it asked for a reply and i did and pressed SEND.... i had no idea it was going directly to you.  I  just thought i was posting back on the page..... sorry

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Not a problem! :thumbup2:

Just below the area you type in your text there is a black box with Post in white.  This is what you press to add your message. 

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

Disregard the More Reply Options outlined in red, it was intended for another application.

Edited by dc3, 09 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users