Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can anyone here help tell me why my computer is being slow?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ayahdiamon

ayahdiamon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

See, I've just had these malware cleaned off of my PC just a while ago with the help of some nice guy here in Bleepingcomputer---Which I'm quite thankful BTW!

But ever since then--well rather my PC's been slow for a while now; but it became slower? Everything seems to be hanging every now and then and goes "Not responding" 80% of the time now. I've deleted and uninstalled some things thinking it'll fix things, but nope--nothing!

Even now it's still lagging lol!

SPECS VIA SPECCY :

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit SP1

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 960T 

Thuban 45nm Technology

RAM

2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

EMAXX Technology., Ltd EMX-AMD880DS3-PRO (CPU 1)

Graphics

X163W (1366x768@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6500 Series (ATI AIB)

Hard Drives

488GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives

HP DVD Writer 1260t ATA Device

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Edited by ayahdiamon, 09 March 2013 - 02:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Root@Synyster:#~

Root@Synyster:#~

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Well you shouldnt trust anyone that has contacted you online offering to help you . Especially for free, this comes rarely

(usually someone trying to infect you, because you are an easy target asking for help willing to trust anyone). But its ok

you have now been informed.For all you know that person could have ruined your computer let alone fix it, But any way

I would download Hijackthis and post the results on here. I would also recommend creating a Avira or Kaspersky rescue

disk and boot from them and run the AV scans while booted out of Windows. Go from there.

-Root@Synyster:#~

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

ayahdiamon, for now disregard the advice to run Hijack This. There are other things to explore first which may help with the slowness issue. If advanced malware logs are needed you will be directed to the proper tools and the appropriate forum. 

to Root@Synyster:#~

Well you shouldnt trust anyone that has contacted you online offering to help you . Especially for free, this comes rarely
(usually someone trying to infect you, because you are an easy target asking for help willing to trust anyone). But its ok
you have now been informed.For all you know that person could have ruined your computer let alone fix it, But any way
I would download Hijackthis and post the results on here. I would also recommend creating a Avira or Kaspersky rescue
disk and boot from them and run the AV scans while booted out of Windows. Go from there.

-Root@Synyster:#~

Please read the post by ayahdiamon again, this time more carefully. You will see this

See, I've just had these malware cleaned off of my PC just a while ago with the help of some nice guy here in Bleepingcomputer

He/she was NOT contacted online by someone "offering to help". ayahdiamon posted a request for help in Am I Infected? That topic is here
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487044/unable-to-start-windows-firewall-service-specific-error-code-5-win7-32bit/

With the help of Bleeping Computer advisor narenxp the issue was resolved.

narenxp is a trusted member of Bleeping Computer and has helped many people with infection issues. He would never infect anyone or ruin another person's computer. Neither would our other trusted helpers. They are volunteers-donating their time-dedicated to malware removal, free of charge.

Am I Infected? is constantly monitored by staff to ensure that only QUALIFIED members (staff or not) help with malware issues.

You also mention Hijack This. Bleeping Computer no longer recommends Hijack This. We now instruct members to use DDS, which is a much better tool.  As for posting logs "on here" certain logs are allowed ONLY in Malware Removal Logs.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 March 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#4 ayahdiamon

ayahdiamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Uhhh.. yeah, thank you for replying to that post Queen-Evie; I will continue to wait for someone that might be able to help me :>

In the end, I think it's just my PC? Too many files? I dunno--I uninstalled a few and yeah...

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Start here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/

There are a lot of things you can try which may help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users