Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal Error C0000043 applying update 578

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alexmelo009

alexmelo009

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

My Inspiron Duo Won't start windows afer trying to update, Once It gets to update 578 just stops ( "fatal error C0000043 applying update 578 ). I dont have de media to recover windows and The repair option does nothing. Please Help1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hi Alex,

Have you tried using a restore point ?  Next time you start it up, let it cycle through 'Windows Repair' until it gives up and says something like 'Repair failed'. You will then be given another screen which asks if you want to try other options, one of which is 'Use a restore point'. Click on this option and you will be taken to another screen which will list available restore points. Select one from a date before this problem started and click 'Restore'. Wait until it has finished - it may take a few minutes - and you will get either a message saying it worked, restart computer or a message saying the restore failed. If the former, restart and see if it is now working. If the latter, choose an earlier restore point and try again.

One word of warning. If, let's say, the restore point you used was six weeks old, you will then be faced with the task of re-installing any updates since then. If your computer is set to install updates automatically you may well finish  up at the same problem you have now !  I would suggest you change your update options, at least temporarily.

To do this, go 'Start / Control Panel / Windows Update' and in the top left hand corner of the screen you come to, you will see the line 'Change Settings'. Click on this, and on the screen that appears, in the top line use the drop-down arrow to choose the option 'Check for updates but let me choose . . .'. this means you will be notified when downloads are available, but it is your choice which downloads get installed. Install one or two at a time and re-boot after each install. Tedious, but at least you will know exactly which update caused the problem, if it re-occurs.

All of the above is worth trying, but I am not certain that a Windows update is the cause of your problem. Googling the problem suggest that 578 is an error code, not an update. Still if the above doesn't work, come back

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users