Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan or malware?need help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dkdaddy

dkdaddy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

I have a trojan that is allowing remote access to my computer.When I try to run HJT it doesn't allow it to read the hosts file .Anyways,tried many things,(trendav stuff,malwarebytes,hjt,mssecurity essentials)nothing picks it up.Got desperate ran a combofix \(didnt do or change anything with logfile or do anything with info) It confirmed there is some type of bad file or trojan,however,I don't know what to do with the info so I just closed it and left well enough alone.As we speak my computer is trying to let the trojan do its thing. When I tried system restore I get a chekdisk error,and then after restarting,it says it does chekdisk but then it wont allow me to restore my c drive,which is my main drive of course.Thanks for the help and I accomplished 0 with my various anti virus efforts because my computer,now its approx 30n mins after combofix test run,is slowly but surely going back to infected form. Im running windows 7 with a 32 bit it says,yet I know I had 64 bit,cuz it tells me I have 4 gb ram but only 3 usable,however,I had four when I got the computer and was using 4 gb or I would have noticed the difference on the index score page.Anyways,get back to me with some advice if possible thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users