Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes constantly & reboots w/ error msg after updates XP & Firefox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 5bears

5bears

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hello,

I've looked at so many forum posts and tried what I felt confident doing on my own. I'm out of options and need my computer running again.

HP Pavilion a1487c Media Center
Windows XP
Intel ® Pentuim ® D CPU 3.00 GHz
3.00 GHz,4.0GB of RAM

My PC has been very slow at startup and during applications for a very long time, ive learned to live with it, after trying to figure out why and just giving up. Its slow and freezes on occasion but nothing like this...

About a week ago I scanned with superantispyware and got rid of over 300 tracking cookies.

About 4 days ago the computer was getting very slow and starting to freeze while on Internet and email. So I updated on windows website. Then went to Firefox and updated flash and one more (can't remember).
Next day the computer was freezing sometimes at startup and sometimes after trying to open a program. Control-Alt-Delete wasn't working so i had to press power off manually everytime. Then it started rebooting after freezes. Many, many reboots. I couldn't do anything. it was in constant cycle of freezing and rebooting.

Error messages -some after reboot :
Winlogon.exe
Wgatray.exe
Mcshield.exe
Msiexec.exe (visual studio update)
McHlp32.exe
NDPI.lspl-KB2742597-x86 wrapper.log
Hpqste08.exe

Left pc off for a day, came back and cleaned the fan. Then tried to run malwarebytes, but couldn't stay on long enough to download. Wasn't able to download updates for mcafee either. McAfee firewall will not turn back on (not sure why it turned off??)

Today downloaded and tried to scan in safe mode. It froze during scan.

Uninstalled super anti spyware, malwarebytes and restarted. Downloaded malware bytes again. Froze during scan again and again. Froze also during malwarebytes chameleon scan.

Not sure what to try next

Edited by hamluis, 08 March 2013 - 08:17 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 5bears

5bears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Forgot to add... Now the computer is just freezing up. It hasn't rebooted all day today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users