Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access Violation At Address 065c10cd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wrhatt

wrhatt

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

I am running Windows XP Home and get this message when I try to open GUIDE PLUS + which is a program that lets me watch TV on my computer. "Access violation at address 065C10CD. Read of address 065C10CD". Does anyone have a fix. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

Open your device manager and see if there are any yellow or red warning icons.

If there are you will need the cd that came with the TV card. Delete the device/s that have these marks and reboot.

If you don't have the cd that has the drivers go to support at the website of the manufacturer of the TV card and download the drivers to a file you will be able to find when WIndows tries to reinstall the device.

#3 wrhatt

wrhatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

The device manager showed no flags or warnings. However there was an updated driver at the manufactures web site which cleared the problem. This ticks me off as well as I registered the hardware when I bought it thinking they would keep me updated by alerting me via email. Wrong. Thank you for taking a shot at the problem, all is well again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users