A couple days ago our file server @ the office (old Pentium D machine w/ WinXP Pro SP3) got hit with the FBI Cybercrime/Moneypak Lock. I managed to get the lockout screen disabled but much of the system remains unusable.
Some of the issues I've encountered include:
Unable to install/uninstall some programs
- Programs do not shrink to the taskbar, Start button does not work
- Taskbar/Start Menu doesn't load at all in safe mode
- Unable to run/update Windows or MS Security Essentials
- Unable to run/update Malwarebytes in order to perform a scan - Error 372 w/ vbalsgrid6.ocx. I tried Chameleon as well, but the links in the .chm file were inactivated a
- Programs take much longer to load or perform
- Unable to send/receive email via Outlook (I am able to upload/send web-based email
- Unable to copy/paste text or files from one program/location to another
- Unable to connect the server to our internal network (tried to scan remotely w/ MBAM) - internet connection is fine.
- Unable to run System Restore on any level ("System Restore is unable to protect your computer. Please restart & run again")
- Unable to prevent these issues from occurring in Safe Mode, even in Command Prompt after loading explorer.exe manually.
Utilities used thus far:
- RKill (log available)
- DDS (logs available)
- HitmanPro (log available)
- ESET Online Scanner (log available)
- Kaspersky TDDSKiller
- AVG Rescue CD (Linux-based)
Let's do this!
Edited by bcmac401, 07 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.