Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games App Won't Launch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Draclvr

Draclvr

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I searched this forum, but didn't find any reference to my issue.  I am running Windows 8 Pro and for the last month or so, I have two apps which are not behaving as they should.  My Games app (the default Xbox app) will not launch and uninstalling, downloading and reinstalling do not help.  Numberous reboots also have no effect.  I have a Games for Windows Live account which I can log in to through the Solitaire app, for instance. 

The Music app (again the default one) will not update.  Running through the usual suspects of uninstalling, redownloading, rebooting, etc. also have no effect.

Short of doing a Refresh of Windows 8, are there any suggestiong for what else I might try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Give this a try and see if it helps:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-apps-wont-start/

Other than that, it will most likely be a need for a refresh.

#3 Draclvr

Draclvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the reply...  I was afraid of that!  I already did all of the trouble-shooting at the lnk.  I have a post over at the Microsoft Window 8 forum and that's the way they're leaning too.  Ah well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users