Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brother printer will not pick up paper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hispaladin

hispaladin

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

I am working on a Brother printer that will intermittently not pick up paper.  Sometimes it happens in the middle of a large print job so 5 out of 10 will print fine and then it will sound like it is still printing but nothing comes out then it will say its out of paper or to feed paper.  When it does this we can pull the paper tray out and pull the top page of the edge of the little rubber pad that prevents multiple pages from pulling through and then it will work fine, for one page.  Sometimes it will print an entire multipage document without any problems then sometimes it will not even print a single page.  From what I can find the only solution is to clean the pickup rollers which we tried to do but it didn't help at all.  I suppose that we may need to go a little harder on cleaning them but I didn't want to risk damaging them.  When it doesn't pick up the paper it doesn't make any strange noises or act any differently, it just doesn't print.  If anyone has any pointers I'll take them, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

You found the first thing to try...cleaning the printer...the pickup rollers specifically.

If that does not work, then the next potential thing to try is to replace the pickup rollers.  This may or may not be feasible (i.e. you might not be able to get parts or find instructions).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users