Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Basel.A

Basel.A

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

My computer started to crash since I changed ram type ddr3 to ddr2 and bios reset. I had to do that since my motherbaord ddr3 ram slots are not working anymore. Since then my computer freezes. Sometimes there are BSOD suddenly coming up or when I shutdown computer. And they say different reason why they happned. Sometimes when I open a software like Firefox, the crash report windows opens stating firefox crashed. And when I start playing a game the same thing happens. I would have tried to solve the problems by myself but there are so my different erros not sure where to start.

Please help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM :

"DDR3 DIMMs have 240 pins and are electrically incompatible with DDR2. The two are prevented from being accidentally interchanged by different key notch positions on the DIMMs. Not only are DDR2 and DDR3 keyed differently, DDR2 has rounded notches on the side and the DDR3 modules have square notches on the side. DDR3 SO-DIMMs have 204 pins."

What motherboard do you have installed...or what OEM system is this?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 March 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#3 Basel.A

Basel.A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi, my motherboard is AS ROCK N68 S UCC. I gave the computer to a repair shop, thats why for the late reply. But I am still afraid that it will happen again. So is there any procedure I can follow through to find any standing problems. Thank you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Crashes are a part of computer life...some are more irritating than others, but they all indicate a problem within Windows which occurs for a reason. They are nothing to be afraid of...as long as the user is willing to learn and accept the message that the system delivers...each time that a crash occurs.

If they happen in the future, just post here and we'll try to figure out why such things occur and how to overcome such.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users