Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Pop-Ups & Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 7Mozart7

7Mozart7

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hello good people. A few days ago my browser stopped connecting to online sites. I thought I had a connection problem, so I made another Broadband connection #2. Soon afterward I found out my internet was out due to an outside cable company problem

I then started getting connection pop-ups asking me to connect to the Broadband connection #2, even though the original connection was working just fine. The pop-ups became very obnoxious, so I deleted the Broadband connection #2. This mostly happened while using Internet Explorer, & using Firefox wasn't effected

Soon after that, while using Firefox, & after connecting to sites, a new pop-up would come up, asking me something like "Connect Broadband Connection", or something to that effect, & I suddenly couldn't connect to any sites anymore. I had to reboot in order to use Firefox & connect. This has happened now for a few days. After awhile of connecting, the pop-up would show & the connections would stop

I must say I can still use Internet Explorer & connect, so it seems to be a Firefox problem. It seems it's reversed itself on the browsers this time around

The Broadband connection #2 is still gone when I open my Control Panel. Anyone know what's going on or have a solution?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 March 2013 - 10:38 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Press Windows+R key and type

inetcpl.cpl and click ok

Click on Connections tab and checkmark Never dial a connection

click ok

Let me know if that helps

#3 7Mozart7

7Mozart7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi BC

OK, I did what you advised, & I'll see if that works this evening. Also, lo & behold, the Broadband Connection #2 showed up in that box, which I deleted again

I'll report tonight. Thank you for your help

#4 7Mozart7

7Mozart7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

I forgot to mention, after deleting the Connection #2 & checking "never use dial-up", Firefox, which wasn't connecting, connected again, without rebooting. Hopefully that's a good sign

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

:thumbup2:

#6 7Mozart7

7Mozart7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

BC, well, that seemed to do the trick. No more pop-ups about connections, & both browsers seem to be running normally. If anything else "pops-up", I'll post again

Thank you so much. You guys are truly appreciated

#7 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

:welcome:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users