Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound Possibly Windows Media Player related

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm having a problem where my computer is no longer playing any sound files.I checked my speakers and theyre plugged in and working.The device setup says the speakers are enabled and for a while I was just playing things through the headphone port but now the device setup isn't even recognizing that headphones are plugged in. I noticed that whenever this happens to both speakers and headphones that windows media player files don't play.It just loads forever and eventually says "server execution failed".

Im running windows 7.Any tips or help would be much appreciated.Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Click on startmenu and type

cmd

RIght click on it and select run as administrator and run this command

regsvr32 jscript.dll

and press <ENTER>

Try to play now

#3 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

im still not getting anything =/

I'm getting error messages with windows media player when i try to play a file it  is saying "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file"

#4 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I am also getting error messages upon crashes of Windows media player whilst playing a song that say "RPC server is unavailable."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users